Benjamin E. Reyes
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Nursing Home Abuse
Ben represents people who have been seriously injured and those who have been neglected or abused in nursing homes, hospitals, or other long-term care facilities. In addition to practicing in New Mexico, Ben is also licensed in Texas, Wisconsin, and Illinois.
Ben was part of the PKSD trial team that obtained an $11 million verdict in Bernalillo County (Albuquerque) New Mexico in 2019 for an elderly woman who developed pressure ulcers on her heels at a nursing home due to the facility’s negligence. Her heels became infected leading to sepsis, metabolic encephalopathy, and ultimately her death. After a hard-fought 8-day trial, the jury awarded our client $5 million in compensatory damages and $6 million in punitive damages. Ben was instrumental in defeating the nursing home’s effort to overturn the verdict on appeal before the New Mexico Court of Appeals and New Mexico Supreme Court.
In 2022, Ben was invited to attend the prestigious Gerry Spence Method Trial Skills Program at Thunderhead Ranch in Dubois, Wyoming.
Ben is a member of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, the El Paso County Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group.
Ben was named a Super Lawyer-Rising Star every year from 2019 to 2023 and was named to The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 for Wisconsin.
Ben graduated cum laude in the top 10% of his class from Marquette University Law School. He also interned with the Honorable Aaron E. Goodstein at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Ben has deep family roots and resides in the Borderplex region of Southern New Mexico/West Texas.
- State of New Mexico
- State of Texas
- State of Wisconsin
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Memberships & Accolades
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Nursing Home Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Gerry Spence Method Trial Skills Workshop Graduate 2022
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2019-2023
- Lifetime Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Issued 2023
- Marquette University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review
- CALI Award Winner – Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Colorado College, B.A.